Please note: these activities should be supervised by parents/carers at all times, and are not subject to The Scout Association’s Policy, Organisation and Rules. These activities are completely voluntary and each parent/carer should determine if they are suitable for their children.
We have made available a document which provides safety help for camping at home; click here to download.
Welcome to Sefton North Scouts “Beavers Big Top Birthday Bonanza”
Taking place on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd of May 2021. It’s open to all members and their families. There’s a mix of videos and self-led activities – and everyone can get involved from home. You will see more information posted on our event Facebook page, on what we have planned. Below are links to activities that anyone can do at home and some other bits that you also can enjoy.
- Join in with: the activities posted on this webpage – can you make juggling balls, create your own tin can alley, or make yourself some edible dumbbells?
- Evening: Den Building Competition (Parents/carers to send photos by email). Get ready to spend the night in your den or tent for our sleepover at home!
- Join in with: the circus skills workshop and performance recorded just for this event by Lucas Jet Check back here 1st May 6pm for the link or follow our Facebook page.
- Breakfast time – can you help make breakfast? Don’t forget to tidy up afterwards!
- Join in with the campfire sing-along shared on our Facebook page.
- Self – led activities. Can you try them all over the course of the weekend? Find them below ↓
- 12pm: closing and pack down
Activity Guides Click on the links below
Things to Make
Things to Eat
Things to Do
- Walk Through Paper Trick (Video guide)
- Big Top Teepee (Video guide)
- Pyramid Building
- Circus skills show (Check back here at 6pm on the Saturday 1st May)
- Join in with our campfire sing-along Found on our Facebook
Big Top Competition
During the Saturday evening we’re going to be on the lookout for the best dens, and we have some tips to help you build yours:
Please do share your photos by email or on our Facebook page.
How to get involved
- Click here to visit and like the event Facebook page for more updates and live events.
- Share pictures and stories as you get involved by email.
We hope you will enjoy our 35th Birthday party!